A little bit about Suzanne & Tony Villani
Suzanne Woodfin Villani is the daughter of Richmond natives. Born in Germany while her
father served in the United States Army, her fatherís subsequent employment with
corporate America kept the family moving, and Suzanne spent her childhood in Richmond
and Staunton, VA, Baltimore, MD, San Antonio and Houston, TX and finally Richmond,
VA where she graduated from the Collegiate Schools. She attended Trinity University
in San Antonio, TX and graduated from Mary Baldwin College in Staunton, VA with a
major in Business and Economics. While at Mary Baldwin she served on the Honor
Council and was a member of the womenís varsity tennis team. After college, she entered
her familyís business and attained the position of Vice President of Woodfin Heating &
Cooling, Inc. - Watchcard Sales. Marriage to Tony took her to Washington, DC. Since
co-founding Villani Real Estate she has served as its Comptroller and Business Manager
and continues to be a top listing agent in the Richmond marketplace.
Suzanne is actively involved with the community as a member of the Tuckahoe Womenís
Club, Westhamptom Citizens Association, former board member for First Presbyterian Church
Pre-School, childrenís Sunday School teacher, and is a former member of the Alumnae
Board for Mary Baldwin College.
Suzanneís soft spoken nature belies her competitive spirit and inner resolve. An avid tennis
player, she is a former state and nationally ranked player and a sought after partner for tournaments. Her lifeís
passion is her family and our three children: Johnny, Wright and Virginia. For the past
years, tennis activities were placed on hold while she devoted all of her free time
toward their development.
Tony Villani spent his formative years in his native hometown of Ocean City on
Marylandís Eastern Shore. His family pioneered the early development and growth of
Ocean City where they owned and operated an independent furniture store and an
independent real estate brokerage. It was his familyís commitment to customer satisfaction
and their enjoyment of repeat and "word of mouth" referral business that established the
foundation of Tonyís fundamental business philosophy.
A graduate of Worcester Country School in Berlin, MD Tony attended Salisbury State
University and graduated from Washington College in Chestertown, MD with a BA in
Political Science. While at Washington College, Tony learned the value of teamwork as a
member of its junior varsity crew.
Tony spent the summer months of his collegiate years working as a sworn seasonal police
officer in his hometown of Ocean City, and in 1980 received appointment as a sworn
member of the United States Capitol Police in Washington, DC. Tony spent eleven and a
half years in various assignments both in and out of uniform, in field assignments and in
administrative and analytical positions protecting the nationís Congress. He attained the
rank of supervisor prior to leaving to embark on the entrepreneurial path of his heritage.
Prior to co-founding Villani Real Estate with Suzanne, Tony was affiliated with several
independently owned and operated brokerages and with a large multi-office brokerage
affiliated with a national franchise. Tony committed himself to professional education and
holds four national designations. He is respected by his peers in the real estate industry on
the local, state and national levels serving in numerous leadership positions. In addition to
being a top producing "listing and selling" broker, Tony is considered an expert on the
REALTOR Code of Ethics and Fair Housing, and is a contributing author for the national
publication Real Estate Business.
Tony is a former board member of the Richmond Cerebral Palsey Center, and is an active
member of the Richmond Kiwanis. An avid outdoorsman, Tonyís lifeís passion is his family
- Suzanne, Johnny, Wright and Virginia.
ABR, C-CREC, CRB, CRS, e-PRO, GRI
119 Libbie Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
804-288-8787 Ext. 16 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- Full time Professional, Principal Broker/Owner of Villani Real Estate: Founded October 1992
- Associate Broker with Laughlin REALTORS of McLean, VA: July - October 1992
- Associate Broker with ERA Tatum Properties of Northern Virginia (19th top producing agent out of a four office, one hundred and twenty eight member firm): January 1992 -
- Associate Broker/Sales Associate with Burns & Williams Real Estate of Washington, DC
April 1988 - December 1992
- Former Supervisory Federal Law Enforcement
Officer with the United States Capitol Police, Washington, DC. In
addition to supervising subordinate personnel, served as a certified
instructor and held many sensitive and analytical positions: August 1980
- October 1991
- Virginia Broker's License Awarded: January 1992
- District of Columbia Broker's License Awarded: June 1991
- District of Columbia Sales Agent's License Awarded: April 1988
- BA Political Science, Washington College, Chestertown, MD: May 1982
- Certified Consumer Real Estate Consultant (C-CREC) earned January 2001
- Earned e-PRO (Certified Electronic Real Estate Professional) certification on-line from National Association of REALTORS August 2000
- Graduate, Star Power University Team Training and Systems Implementation Program, Los Angeles, CA January 1998
- Certified Ethics Instructor certification awarded by the Virginia State Association of
REALTORS: July 1994
- Received the "Accredited Buyer Representative" (ABR) Designation from the Real Estate Buyer's Agent's Council of the National Association of REALTORS: September 1997
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager's (CRB) Designation awarded by the National Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council: June 1994
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) Designation awarded by the Residential Sales
Council of the REALTORS National Marketing Institute: April 1993
- Graduate of the REALTOR Institute of Virginia (GRI): November 1992
- Graduate of the National Institute of Real Estate - Brokerage Program, Vienna, VA:
- Graduate of the Long & Foster School of Real Estate, Washington, DC: February 1988
- Relocation Specialist training received while affiliated with ERA Tatum Properties:
- Training received in the "Tax Deferred Exchange of Investment Property": May 1992
- Numerous continuing education courses in creative marketing, residential appraisal, home
construction, real estate finance, investment analysis, real estate law, buyer agency, fair
housing, and real estate management have been taken since licensurer
- Have attended every
NAR Convention and Mid-Year Meeting since 1994
- Member of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), Virginia Association of
REALTORS (VAR), Richmond Association of REALTORS (RAR) and the Central Virginia Regional Multiple Listing Service (CVRMLS)
- Currently serving as a member of the Professional Standards Committee of the RAR
- Currently serving as 2002 Chairman of the Education Advisory Committee of the RAR
- Appointed to serve as 1998 Chairman and 1997
Vice-Chairman of the Grievance Committee of the RAR
- Former Chairman, Subcommittee for Publications and Information of the Equal Opportunity Committee of the RAR and author of fair housing articles for The Richmond REALTOR magazine.
- Former Fair Housing Instructor at the RAR
- Former member of the Education Committee of the RAR and its Finance and Seminar
- Member of the Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council, REALTORS National Marketing Institute, and appointed to serve as 1997 Vice-Chairman of its Product Committee and 1998 Moderator of the Education and Services forum, 1999 Vice- Chairman of its Marketing Committee and formermember of its Management Committee (National Board of Directors).
- Member, Editorial Board of Real Estate Business (the official
publication of the Real Estate Brokerage Managers Council and the Residential Sales Council); previously served as 2000 Co-Chairman of the Editorial Board; contributing author on an annual basis
- Member of Kiwanis Club of Richmond
- Member Board of Directors Good Neighbor Village (Group Home for mentally retarded adults) located in Henrico County.
- Former Board of Director for the Richmond Cerebral Palsey Center
- Nation Chief for YMCA Indian Guides father/son program, 2002
- Member First Presbyterian Church
- 2002 President Virginia State Chapter Council of Residential Specialists (CRS)
- Member, Editorial Board of the Residential Specialists (the Official Publication of the Residential Sales Council)
|| Return To Team Members
|| Return Home
|| E-mail Us ||
Site design and hosting services provided by Full City, Inc.
All content is © of Villani Real Estate.
Any problems should be reported to our Webmaster.